We pay a lot of attention to sustainability. Therefore we meet the most stringent requirements for services and environmental care. This is reflected in two quality marks: The Blue Flag and The Golden Anchor.
What we do...
- Drinking water on the pontoons is not intended for cleaning boats. For this purpose, reels on port water are available on the pontoons.
- We collect paper, glass and chemical waste separately and in our waste disposal area we process your paint, residues, rags and oil waste in a responsible manner.
- The lighting on the harbor consists as much as possible of (solar) LED lights. Timers prevent unnecessary energy consumption.
- We use 100% green electricity by purchasing energy from hydropower.
- We do not use pesticides, not in our gardening or pest control.
- Marina Muiderzand is the first marina in The Netherlands that uses a Seabin. This floating trash can sucks plastic and other junk out of the water. This helps to prevent the plastic soup and other pollution in the seas and oceans from increasing.
- Thuishavens has been the Business Angel of Plastic Soup Foundation since 2014.
- Bicycles are made available free of charge, if possible we use electric transport and tools. E-bikes can be charged free of charge.
Discover the beauty of Marina Muiderzand trough the lens of nature phtotgrapher Ernest Kox