Corporate social responsibility, how do we do that?
- Our showers work with a timer. That way we do not use too much water.
- The toilets are flushed with 'gray' water instead of drinking water.
- We collect paper, plastic, glass and chemical waste separately.
- Drinking water on the pontoons is not intended for cleaning boats. For this purpose, reels on port water are available on the pontoons.
- In our waste disposal area we process in a responsible manner, among other things, your paint, residues, rags and oil waste.
- The lighting on the harbor consists as much as possible of (solar) LED lights. Timers prevent unnecessary energy consumption.
- The electricity on the pontoons works with individual meters and switches off automatically so we are aware of the electricity use and prevent wasting resources .
- We do not use pesticides, not in our gardening or pest control.
- We use 100% green electricity by purchasing energy from hydropower.
- You can use bilge and black water pump free of charge. Ask your harbor master about its use!
- We are a training company for (V) MBO & HBO and have work places for employees with a distance to the job market.
- Thuishavens has been the Business Angel of Plastic Soup Foundation since 2014.
- The harbor office is ''paperless'' wherever possible.
- Everywhere on the site you will see recycled materials, whether there are our old pontoons or lighting fixtures.
- Bicycles are made available free of charge, if possible we use electric transport and tools. E-bikes can be charged free of charge.
- Safety for our guest and employees is of great importance.
- In our communicaton we carry out our care for nature, people and animals.
Discover the beauty of Marina Muiderzand trough the lens of nature phtotgrapher Ernest Kox